War and Warfare 2021-22
Hi, this is a page to stick together all the readings for the additional sessions on “How War Works”. Sessions 1 and 2 took place in December. Session 3 will take place at 6pm on the first week of term 2, sessions 4-7 will take place as a block on the wednesday afternoon of the second week of term.
- HMG. The Integrated Review (114 pages): link
- HMG. Defence in a Competitive Age (76 pages): link
- HMG. JDP 0-01 UK Defence Doctrine, 5th ed. (83 pages): link
- David Jordan et al. Understanding Modern Warfare, Chapters 4-15 (300 pages, but a very easy read): link
- Nicholas Drummond, State of the Union Summary of British Defence Priorities (blog post that gives an overview of different defence issues) link